Friday, July 10, 2015

7QT New Blog

1) Hello, and thanks for visiting. This is a brand new blog, from a not brand new blogger. I hope this is a welcoming, friendly space for friends new and old. I'll be writing about life as a Catholic wife and mom, and all the things that includes for me right now. Things like 1 year olds that don't sleep, 4 years olds that know too much for their own good, and 6 year olds that are stretching like a rubber band away from mom all day and then snapping back with great force at night. And how sometimes that hurts and makes both of us cry.

2) I spent the past five days in training for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. It was a wonderful experience, and by that I actually mean full of wonder. I have heard and used the word wonder more times in the past five days than in the past year. Someday I'd love to tell you all about it, but right now I am still digesting it. And I'm exhausted.

3) Summer is flying by. Last week when I realized it was July I couldn't believe it. Where did June go? I guess it rained so much that we never got into our typical summer rhythm of playing in the sprinkler, eating ice cream on the driveway, and being hot. It's been a strange summer. Here is how we spent one of the many rainy days, watching birds from inside the house. We were just so tired of the rain, and I think the birds were too.





4) Do you ever feel like you have so much to learn and there's no way you ever will? That's how I feel right now about all the things I want to dive into head first: gardening (my poor garden), sewing (my unused except by other people sewing machine), my books (piles and piles, shelves and shelves of fiction, non-fiction, homeschooling, and lots and lots of Catholic stuff...). I need to find a way to read or learn on a regular basis to fill this craving without letting any one thing take over my life. Maybe a half hour every other day or something. Is that doable? Sometimes it doesn't seem like it, but a half hour a week doesn't sound like enough either.

5) This Sunday is our oldest's baptismal anniversary. I'm going to surprise him with a special dessert. We've not done a good job of celebrating before. I remember it, but we never really talk about it or do anything special. What are your traditions?

6) I decided I will say one thing about this week of being at training. I was gone from home 11 hours every day, from 7:00am to 6:00pm, five days in a row. I missed my kids, and they missed me. I learned a lot and enjoyed it very much, and it reaffirmed so much of what I believe about child development and being a stay at home mom. It really made me appreciate and look forward to having all of next week to just enjoy each other.

7) So long for now. I hope to write here once a week or so if you want to pop back in.

Thanks to my dear friend Bonnie for hosting, and a big congratulations! She's been keeping a secret. :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome! I am delighted to be your first commenter on this new blog from not-new you. :) I only looked up my baptismal anniversary a few years ago, so I don't have any special traditions. I do like the celebration Kendra over at Catholic All Year does: making it like a birthday in that you get to choose dinner, every has dessert, and so on.

    ReplyDelete